There are times when I'd like to share something with you but my Voice in the Garden site does not seem the appropriate place, thus, this blog.

There are experiences, thoughts, views... and for anyone lurking/waiting to pounce (as has occurred on several occasions), please do not attempt to turn what I post into a political statement. This is NOT a political site, but IS about occurrences, reality, and personal opinion concerning what I see in the world around me and my family. There are many excellent writers whose works "speak" to me, and I shall include some of them. At times it may be
something I think you would enjoy or simply whatever ails you (me).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The illusion of choice

From: The Imgur Gallery
(click to enlarge)

3 comments:

Patricia said...

That is actually scary!

Sue said...

Both interesting and scary all at the same time. I knew about Kraft--Philip Morris was the very first stock I bought---My mother MADE me buy it with my paychecks from my very first job. I thought tobacco was a bad idea, but the products connected to it(Kraft)were in everyone's cupboards. I love your title for this post---VERY accurate. The few control the many, I'm afraid.
Hope all is well with you-have a great week, Diana!
:)

Diana said...

Patricia and Sue,

yes, as you know, everywhere we look it's the same: not just the food industry, but look at the number of major oil companies (count on one hand), drugs, healthcare, banks... mergers and acquisitions has been the theme and expunge the competition (not just in small business but with our youth and schools).