There are times when I'd like to share something with you but my Voice in the Garden site does not seem the appropriate place, thus, this blog.

There are experiences, thoughts, views... and for anyone lurking/waiting to pounce (as has occurred on several occasions), please do not attempt to turn what I post into a political statement. This is NOT a political site, but IS about occurrences, reality, and personal opinion concerning what I see in the world around me and my family. There are many excellent writers whose works "speak" to me, and I shall include some of them. At times it may be
something I think you would enjoy or simply whatever ails you (me).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Energy Costs Take A Bite

So far this year, the average American is spending 12 percent of disposable personal income on energy - gasoline, electricity, and heating. That's more than in 2008, the last time oil spiked.


Chart ChrisMartenson.com

4 comments:

Sue said...

Yep, and just last night watching the news I saw that Shell Oil had a PROFIT of $7 BILLION for the quarter. Gosh, aren't ya just SO happy for them??????
(the bastards)
Sorry....but it's the only word that applies!

Diana said...

Sue, tell us how you really feel. ;)

How 'bout this one to make the blood boil: GE reported worldwide profits of $14.2 billion ($5.1 billion of it from its US operations. TAX BILL: ZERO! in fact claimed a $3.2 billion tax benefit....
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/business/economy/25tax.html?pagewanted=all

... and recently transferred more jobs overseas.

Sue said...

Hi Diana
And then hubby wonders WHY I wish to just crawl in a hole sometimes. It often feels as if we cannot win at this game called life. I guess I should have been a "corporation".
Have a great weekend. I shall be ignoring the news for a bit, I think.

Diana said...

Sue, I'm with you. I try not to get so involved in the news, listening to less and less, but sometimes somebody's gotta say something about it. ;) Silence too often is confirmation.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend too.