There are times when I'd like to share something with you but my Voice in the Garden site does not seem the appropriate place, thus, this blog.

There are experiences, thoughts, views... and for anyone lurking/waiting to pounce (as has occurred on several occasions), please do not attempt to turn what I post into a political statement. This is NOT a political site, but IS about occurrences, reality, and personal opinion concerning what I see in the world around me and my family. There are many excellent writers whose works "speak" to me, and I shall include some of them. At times it may be
something I think you would enjoy or simply whatever ails you (me).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

U.S. Taxpayer Money At Work

ABC reports: The NSF (National Science Foundation) spent $500,000 of taxpayer money researching a shrimp on a treadmill. It also spent $1.5 million to create a robot that can fold laundry; $300,000 of your hard earned money went to study FarmVille on Facebook, and whether it helps build personal relationships.

Want more examples on the out-of-control government spending? Read the Pork Report. We are broke as a nation, and who cares?