There are times when I'd like to share something with you but my Voice in the Garden site does not seem the appropriate place, thus, this blog.

There are experiences, thoughts, views... and for anyone lurking/waiting to pounce (as has occurred on several occasions), please do not attempt to turn what I post into a political statement. This is NOT a political site, but IS about occurrences, reality, and personal opinion concerning what I see in the world around me and my family. There are many excellent writers whose works "speak" to me, and I shall include some of them. At times it may be
something I think you would enjoy or simply whatever ails you (me).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Madness: Gov't Spent More Than Eight Times Its Monthly Revenue

Think about this for a moment: your (hypothetical) monthly income is $3000, but you spend (8) eight times that amount or $24,000 per month, annually $36,000 income but $288,000 out-of-control-spending. How long do you think that can be sustained, and what will happen if you did that?

This is what the U.S. Government is doing, spending More Than Eight Times Its Monthly Revenue.

The federal government’s cash-flow situation was summed up pungently in Senate Budget Committee testimony by Erskine Bowles, who served as chief of staff to President Bill Clinton and is now the co-chair of President Barack Obama’s National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility. (See video below.)



Mr Bowles: “And what happens to the U.S. economy? The markets will absolutely devastate us if we don't step up to this problem. The problem is real, the solutions are painful, and we have to act.”

No comments: