There are times when I'd like to share something with you but my Voice in the Garden site does not seem the appropriate place, thus, this blog.

There are experiences, thoughts, views... and for anyone lurking/waiting to pounce (as has occurred on several occasions), please do not attempt to turn what I post into a political statement. This is NOT a political site, but IS about occurrences, reality, and personal opinion concerning what I see in the world around me and my family. There are many excellent writers whose works "speak" to me, and I shall include some of them. At times it may be
something I think you would enjoy or simply whatever ails you (me).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Let Them Eat iPads!

Truly, I believe most of the elite, the powers that be, are indeed out of touch with reality for they appear to live in another world unto themselves. While many Americans and peoples throughout the universe struggle day upon day to put food on their table and pay for the gasoline needed to get to work, we have representatives addressing these issues either through denial or simple ignorance as to the way the majority of us live (and amidst the most recent data from the government itself).

Yesterday, when New York Fed Bill Dudley was questioned about the food inflation we are experiencing, his response was that although food prices were rising, inflation was not a problem because iPad's were cheaper... "Today you can buy an iPad 2 that costs the same as an iPad 1...".

I'm still trying to digest that one.

1 comment:

Robin said...

You just have to wonder about people some times...how in the world do they become successful???