There are times when I'd like to share something with you but my Voice in the Garden site does not seem the appropriate place, thus, this blog.

There are experiences, thoughts, views... and for anyone lurking/waiting to pounce (as has occurred on several occasions), please do not attempt to turn what I post into a political statement. This is NOT a political site, but IS about occurrences, reality, and personal opinion concerning what I see in the world around me and my family. There are many excellent writers whose works "speak" to me, and I shall include some of them. At times it may be
something I think you would enjoy or simply whatever ails you (me).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Seniors and Savers Hurt By Fed "Zero" Interest Policy

When asked about the fact that the Feds policy of "zero" interest has hurt Seniors and savers, those on fixed income, while recapitalizing the banks, the president of the St. Louis Fed, Jim Bullard said,

It's true, low interest rates are not good for those people... not sure what we can do about it...
















Note: those people was emphasized by this writer, for I must admit to having been quite annoyed at what appeared to be a rather nonchalant and apathetic response for a large and growing portion of the citizenry of this country, as prices for goods and services continue to escalate.

No comments: