There are times when I'd like to share something with you but my Voice in the Garden site does not seem the appropriate place, thus, this blog.

There are experiences, thoughts, views... and for anyone lurking/waiting to pounce (as has occurred on several occasions), please do not attempt to turn what I post into a political statement. This is NOT a political site, but IS about occurrences, reality, and personal opinion concerning what I see in the world around me and my family. There are many excellent writers whose works "speak" to me, and I shall include some of them. At times it may be
something I think you would enjoy or simply whatever ails you (me).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fuel Tax By State


If you have ever wondered what portion of the price you pay for gasoline and/or diesel is tax (combined local, state, and federal per gallon), this is the most recent summary report courtesy of API, the American Petroleum Institute.




2 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Taxes in TN aren't too bad --although we do have almost 10% sales tax. Our property taxes were just raised (still not as high as most) to help the county and school system. It kinda upset us because the country had voted NOT to have a wheel tax at all, which would have been much fairer than raising the property taxes. Almost every Tom, Dick and Harry in our poor county has a car or two.. BUT-many of them don't own their homes.. SO--"WE" have to pay for them through our Property taxes...

We NEVER buy gas in North Carolina if we can help it. It's much more expensive there than any other neighboring state.

Hugs,
Betsy

Diana (Di) said...

Betsy, a disconcerting fact for us is that our property taxes continue to rise as property values decline. The powers that be simply don't care. At some point this continual increase-taxes-and-spend-mentality has to reach some nadir.